Monday, January 25, 2010

Starting today...

7 weeks ago today I was 'released' from the company where I had worked for almost 20 years. I was a little sad for the ending but hopeful for the future.

What to do next?

Could I find work that I love instead of just putting in my time and living for the weekends?

As I lay awake this morning at 3am, trying to get back to sleep, I thought that starting a blog about this journey might be helpful to me.

Thanks to a very generous package, I have time to figure that out....exactly 87 weeks until I get my last paycheck. It seems like forever, but since the past 7 weeks have already gone so quickly, I'm afraid the next year and a half will fly by.

"Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived."
Jean Luc Picard

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the link to your blog, Eileen. I look forward to hearing more about your journey. I'm sure I'll even pick up some great info along the way. Keep sharing those website links!

    ReplyDelete