Friday, February 26, 2010

I already got a job interview ....sort of

So, yesterday I decided to just apply for 3 jobs to get my weekly requirements over with for the unemployment office. I did a quick scan of job listings and sent off my resume to 3 places.

(I should note that I haven't updated my resume yet with all I've learned at my resume development class and conversations with my career counselor.)

Last night I got a response from one of them that said I was moving up the process. They wanted me to show up for an orientation / interview next Friday at 10am. But it sounds a little fishy. Apparently this is a group orientation because "nobody would be admitted after 10 am" ...? huh?

I sent off a reply that was pretty much "thanks, but no thanks". The job pays very little, so I think it qualifies as "The wages offered are lower than the wages common for that occupation in your area."

2 comments:

  1. That's good info to know since I've never filed before...and didn't want to have to take the first thing offered to me when I do.

    Yeah, sounds a little fishy to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen,

    I just saw your post on my blog. I didn't see any e-mail addy on your profile so I clicked your blog link. I'm glad you thought of checking my blog as I was wondering where everyone is meeting me now. You can e-mail me at estatez@netzero.net.

    Laurie in CA

    ReplyDelete