Monday, February 8, 2010

This afternoon I had a 30 minute phone conversation with my career counselor. I've been having a difficult time creating a new resume for myself because 1) I don't want the same type of job I had, and 2) I don't know what kind of a job I want.

She had some good suggestions including going through job listings. Open those that sound appealing or interesting and just see what kind of job qualifications or skills they are looking for. She said when she was trying to find a new career, she even went through the phone book and looked at companies and what they did, or got HR magazines and checked out the advertisers. She also did a lot of networking and talking to people who have jobs that she thought might be interesting.

She lives in Kansas City and said there were lots of job clubs and thought that there were probably similar job clubs here.

She also suggested I watch this movie, "Lemonade", on hulu.com

No comments:

Post a Comment